Creamy and flavorful, this is one slow cooker recipe that’s a real crowd pleaser. A wine and cream cheese based sauce is seasoned with Italian dressing and smothers mushrooms and chicken breasts. It’s an easy Weight Watchers crock pot recipe that the whole family will love. I think I found this on pinterest, but I do not remember who or where to give credit for the recipe! I made it several times and it is a hit at my house!
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 6, 4oz breasts)
- 1 8oz package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 8oz package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 8 oz package fat free cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in Italian dressing packet, and stir to combine.
- Stir in cream cheese, wine and chicken broth, and stir until cream cheese is fully melted, and ingredients are well combined.
- Place mushrooms on bottom of crock pot, then season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and paprika and place chicken breasts on top of the mushrooms.
- Pour cream cheese sauce over chicken breasts, making sure all chicken is evenly covered with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Garnish with fresh parsley (optional)
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 4oz chicken, with 1/6th of the sauce
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 225 calories; 3g fat; 9g carbohydrates; 31g protein; 1g fiber